Before Your Trip
Here are just a few precautions you can take ahead of time:
- Make sure your immunizations are current.
- If possible, delay your trip if you’re not feeling well.
- You’re prone to air sickness, ask for a window seat over the wing.
- If you have any health questions, or if you suffer from a chronic ailment, motion sickness, or fear of flying, ask for advice from your physician.
- Stress is bad for you. Reduce stress by allowing plenty of time to check in and reach your departure gate.
- Always carry your medication with you¡ªnever pack it in baggage you’re planning to check.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing and shoes for your flight.
During Your Trip
Here are a few things you can do to feel good while you’re flying:
- Eat lightly during your flight.
- Stay hydrated while you fly.
- Leave room under the seat in front of you so you can stretch out your legs.
- If conditions permit, try to stand up and walk around the cabin every once in a while.
At Your Destination
Here are a couple of things to remember once you arrive:
- You are not purchasing local medications.
- Sun block and sunglasses wearing in the tropics and at high altitudes.
- Drink a lot of water to minimize altitude sickness.